Nioh Cheats & Hints Quick Index
Printer friendly version
To unlock disguises, complete the "Spider Nest Castle" main mission (Kinki region). Then, enter the hidden teahouse from the starting point on the map (where you also access the blacksmith). Select "Trade", then "Transform". Choose a disguise you want to purchase, then select "Transform" in the hidden teahouse. This will overwrite your current outfit. Gear you equip will not alter the look of the disguise. Use a disguise to get the "Disguiser" trophy. You need a minimum of 1,300 glory for the cheapest disguise (Hattori Hanzo). You get glory from fighting revenants (the red graves in missions that spawn the ghosts of dead players). You can farm it quickly by replaying low level missions where a lot of players have died.
Successfully complete the "Deep In The Shadows" (second) main mission to unlock the "Finders, Keepers" sub mission. Keep replaying the "Finders, Keepers" sub mission to get a lot of Amrita. For even more Amrita, purchase the Amrita Blessing at the Shrine. Just ignore the other enemies and focus on the Kappa (turtle-like yokai with glowing shell). Kill the Kappa and collect the rewards. This sub mission can be completed in about five minutes. Repeat this as many times as desired. You will get approximately 12k Amrita each time you complete the sub mission, especially if you kill some of the enemies with the Amrita Blessing from the Shrine. This method also helps to quickly level up early in the game. To get between 600k to 800k Amrita in ten minutes, first unlock the "Master Of The Twin Blades" sub mission in the Omi region. Successfully complete all "The Way Of The Warrior" missions at the dojo, reach 500,000 proficiency with dual swords, and complete the "Immortal Flame" main mission (Sekigahara region) to unlock "The Grimmest Blades" mission in the Omi region. Complete "The Grimmest Blades" mission to unlock the "Master Of The Twin Blades" sub mission. Then, complete the final main mission and equip the Guardian Spirit you unlock to get a +12% Amrita drop bonus. Every time you complete the "Master Of The Twin Blades" sub mission, you will get x2 "Saisetsu-shin's Sake" items. These consumable items make it so your Amrita earnings multiply after each kill. The multiplier stops if you are killed. You can also join the Toyotomi Clan for an additional Amrita drop rate bonus. This method requires practice and preparation. The "Master Of The Twin Blades" sub mission is challenging -- so it helps to use twin blades or other fast weapons to kill opponents before you are completely overwhelmed. You have to fight Bosses and tough enemies, but a single run through the mission should only take 6-10 minutes, depending on your skill level. Defeating Nue is the hardest part of the mission. If you can complete the mission without dying, and use Saisetsu-shin's Sake before the fight, you will get around 800k Amrita.
You get glory from fighting revenants (the red graves in missions that spawn the ghosts of dead players). You can farm it quickly by replaying low level missions where a lot of players have died.
Typically the best way to quickly get gold is by selling your items to the blacksmith. However, do not sell the items before disassembling them. View some of items at the blacksmith for pricing. For example, an exotic sword may sell for 3,000 gold, but if you first disassemble it you will get 4-5 different ingredients that can be worth close to 10,000 gold. Thus, first disassemble items and then sell the materials to the blacksmith to get more gold.
You can forge and alter gear at the blacksmith. After completing the first main mission, you will unlock the world map and can talk to the blacksmith between missions. To forge an item and get the "Latest Masterpiece" trophy, go to "Blacksmith" - "Forge". You get crafting materials by disassembling gear in your inventory. This can also be done at the blacksmith. Some materials are mission rewards. To refashion an item and get the "Refashion" trophy, go to "Blacksmith" - "Refashion". You can give gear in your inventory the appearance of other gear that you have previously found. You can even give light armor the look of heavy armor without changing any stats or equip weight.
To unlock the Barber menu for hair and beard customization, spend a lot of money at the blacksmith (quickest way is to buy the "Book Of Reincarnation" item). This will give you patronage points which you can exchange for unlocks at the blacksmith. Then, press Triangle to talk to Tome at the blacksmith (while in the Blacksmith menu). Select "I have a request for Tome", and then "Unlock Barber Menu". You will be using the blacksmith a lot over the course of the game. All money you spend counts (even forging, reforging, etc.). Only one patronage point is required to unlock the Barber menu. Select a new hair style or beard to get the "Fashionista" trophy.
Successfully complete the game to unlock a new main campaign mission ("The Queen's Eyes") and one of each Divine weapon, which is a new tier of gear that can also be extended to armor pieces. This will be your main source to becoming stronger during your second playthrough, other than leveling up. Complete the new campaign mission to unlock New Game+ mode, which is titled "Way Of The Strong". In New Game+ mode, you can revisit the entire game using the region selection menu. You can also choose the mode for that region. However, only the first three missions will be unlocked at first, along with the side missions. Complete the first three missions to access the rest of the regions. These regions offer higher XP rewards and loot. In New Game+ mode, you will keep your progress from your previous playthrough and have the ability to level up your Guardians to 30, which will take almost 10 missions to reach. There will also be a higher chance of random Divine drops, but you can enhance the drop rate by spending Ochoko Cups. There will also be new costumes for purchase at the Teahouse.
Complete the following tasks to unlock PlayStation 4 trophy rewards.
|Trophy||How to unlock||Type
- A Long Journey Begins (Bronze)
- Completed "The Man with the Guardian Spirit".
- A Question of Intentions (Bronze)
- Met with Tokugawa Ieyasu.
- Completed "The Samurai from Sawayama."
- An Agreement Forged (Bronze)
- Completed "The Ocean Roars Again."
- Acquired mystic art for the axe.
- Completed "The Queen's Eyes."
- Obtained first divine item.
- Dual Sword Master (Bronze)
- Acquired mystic art for the dual swords.
- Became Ryunoshin the dung lover's best friend.
- Defeated Derrick the Executioner.
- Changed your hair style or beard.
- Freedom Restored (Silver)
- Completed "The Demon King Revealed."
- Friend of Guardians (Silver)
- Collected all Guardian Spirits.
- Full-fledged Samurai (Bronze)
- Keeper of the Flame (Bronze)
- Lit all three evil-warding bonfires in Itsukushima.
- Kusarigama Master (Bronze)
- Acquired mystic art for the kusarigama.
- Latest Masterpiece (Bronze)
- Legendary Swordsmith (Bronze)
- Found Muramasa and brought him in.
- Made two circuits around Japan.
- Confused an enemy for the first time.
- Master of Quality (Silver)
- Collected all the best materials.
- Acquired mystic art for Ninjutsu.
- Defeated the Nue of Mount Hiei.
- Onmyo Magic Master (Bronze)
- Acquired mystic art for Onmyo Magic.
- Onward to a Decisive Battle (Bronze)
- Witnessed Tokugawa's forces head toward a decisive battle.
- Changed the appearance of an item.
- Regular Smith Customer (Silver)
- Made a total of 60 requests at the blacksmith.
- Ressurector of the Hiragumo (Bronze)
- Collected all fragments of the Hiragumo teakettle from Shigisan.
- Bathed in first hot spring.
- Bathed in every hot spring.
- Acquired mystic art for the spear.
- Acquired mystic art for the sword.
- Completed 10 missions with NPC or in the 'Yokai Realm with a companion' with other users.
- Completed "The Source of Evil."
- The Beginning of a Samurai (Bronze)
- They Call Him Anjin (Bronze)
- Completed "Deep in the Shadows."
- Completed your first Twilight mission.
- Used the mask of an ugly fellow to defeat an enemy.
- Reached maximum proficiency with your first weapon.
- Wandering Spirit (Bronze)
- Completed "The Demon of Mount Hiei."
- Yokai Quelling Master (Bronze)
- Defeated all types of yokai.
- Communicated with a yokai 10 times.
You are able to put your Question about Nioh online. Other CheatingDomers can see your Question after it has been posted and are able to Answer it.
Stuck in the game? ASK for Help
at our Forum