Cheating Dome presents Cheats & Hints for Shadow of the Colossus running on PlayStation 3
Shadow of the Colossus Cheats & Hints Quick Index
Printer friendly version
Get all items in Normal Time Attack mode. Hold down Square button at title screen.
After beating the main game, watch all the credits all the way through. After they are finished you have the option to save your game. Save it and you will unlock both Hard and Time Attack Mode.
|Unlockable||How to Unlock
- After beating the game, you have the option to start a new game in Hard Mode on the title screen.
- Beat the game in Hard Mode.
- Load your save data after completing the game. Pray infront of any Colossus Statue by pressing the "O" button to enter Time Attack Mode.
These items can be acquired through the Hard Time Attack Mode. You receive one item for every two Colossi you defeat in Hard Time Attack Mode.
|Unlockable||How to unlock
- Cloth of Desperation ("Parachute")
- Defeat 14 Colossi in Hard Time Attack Mode.
- Defeat 6 Colossi in Hard Time Attack Mode.
- Harpoon of Thunder (Long range projectile weapon)
- Defeat 2 Colossi in Hard Time Attack Mode.
- Defeat 10 Colossi in Hard Time Attack Mode.
- Defeat 16 Colossi in Hard Time Attack Mode.
- Shaman's Cloak (Decreases damage taken)
- Defeat 8 Colossi in Hard Time Attack Mode.
- Shaman's Mask (Decrease damage taken)
- Defeat 12 Colossi in Hard Time Attack Mode.
- Sword of the Sun (Reflects light even when in the dark)
- Defeat 4 Colossi in Hard Time Attack Mode.
The white lizards crawling around in many areas of the game can be eaten to increase Stamina. Equip the bow and shoot the lizard, then press the Circle button to pick up and eat it.
Many of the trees within the game carry Fruit that can be used to restore and increase your Maximum Health slightly.
Equip the bow and shoot at the Fruit hanging in the tree, once it drops go over and press the Circle button to eat it.
After killinga Colossus, you can go back to their petrified bodies and by pressing Circle, your character will kneel down and pray. This opens Reminiscence Mode, a mode where you can find the Colossus again as though it were a flashback.
You must first complete the game once to unlock Time Attack mode. To begin a challenge, walk up to a statue in the temple and pray (circle).
|Unlockable||How to unlock
- Defeat 14 Colossi in Time Attack mode.
- Defeat 4 Colossi in Time Attack mode.
- Defeat all Colossi in Time Attack mode.
- Defeat 10 Colossi in Time Attack mode.
- Defeat 8 Colossi in Time Attack mode.
- Defeat 12 Colossi in Time Attack mode.
- Defeat 6 Colossi in Time Attack mode.
- Defeat 2 Colossi in Time Attack mode.
Complete the following tasks to unlock PlayStation 3 trophy rewards.
|Trophy||How to unlock
- Perform all stunt riding using Agro.
- Reached the top of the shrine.
- Acquire all items available in normal time attack.
- Acquired all fruits in the world.
- Endangered Lizards (Gold)
- Killed all shining lizards.
- Guardian Unleashed (Bronze)
- Hang onto the hawk for more than 30 seconds.
- Meticulous Collector (Gold)
- Acquire all items available in hard time attack.
- Path of Gravestones (Bronze)
- Endure being sucked into the light for over 1 minute in the ending.
- Shielded Colossus (Bronze)
- Signs in the Sky (Bronze)
- Hang onto the fish for over 30 seconds.
- Slumbering Caveman (Bronze)
- Clear the game in normal difficulty.
- Valley of the Fallen (Bronze)
- Wander and the Colossus (Platinum)
- Wander and the Forbidden (Silver)
- Clear the game in hard difficulty.
- Waves of Thunder (Bronze)
Complete both Normal Time Attack and Hard Time Attack to receive all 16 items. Then, at the main menu, hold the "circle" button when selecting New Game, New Game (Hard Mode) or Load Game. Once the game starts, Agro will now be white.
You are able to put your Question about Shadow of the Colossus online. Other CheatingDomers can see your Question after it has been posted and are able to Answer it.
Stuck in the game? ASK for Help
at our Forum