Tales of Vesperia Cheats & Hints Quick Index
Printer friendly version
Win the 100-Man Melee Tournament with the indicated character to unlock the corresponding prizes.
Estell: Comet Light, Imperial Guard, Sanctuary, Secret Magic MX, Star Light
Judith: Dragonic Coat, Gadochaos
Karol: Brave Helm, Drill Hammer
Raven: Celestial Star, Glorious Helm
Repede: Aer Fragment, Maximum Dog
Rita: Elemental Goggles, Sacred Chain
Yuri: Colossus, Star Mail
Complete the following achievements to unlock Xbox Live Gamerscore points.
|Achievement||How to unlock
- 100 Combo accomplished! ( 20 points )
- Acquired all titles ( 30 points )
- Need to clear sub events to acquire titles.
- The maps are opened up by the direction of the cameras is focused.
- Crafting master ( 10 points )
- Defeated 1000 enemies ( 10 points )
- Hyper gambler ( 10 points )
- Just fight your way through.
- Monster master ( 30 points )
- Don't forget to use your Magic lens.
- Perfect collector ( 30 points )
- There are items only available by crafting.
- Played over 100 hours ( 20 points )
- Traveled over 100,000 km ( 10 points )
- Used all Save Points ( 10 points )
- Save Points are located in various place of the world.
- Versperia master ( 0 points )
- Go for a total completion.
When you have reached the vault in The Fallen City, Caer Bocram, you should have already acquired the three passwords clues from the old buildings you searched. Enter "Sun" as a password and it will unlock the vault. The clues were "Light", "Sphere", and "Sky".
Instead of manually spamming Tidal Wave with Rita, try this method. It works almost as well and you do not have to do anything. Include Rita, Raven and Estelle in your party. The fourth member can be anyone with the skill "Item Thrower". Turn off all other Artes for them, so that they are only using "Tidal Wave", "Tempest", and "Holy Rain", respectively. For the battle strategy, set whoever has "Item Thrower" to defend, watch TP, and no over limit or fatal strikes. For the Rita and Estelle, set them to target different enemies, full attack and Artes, Artes only, keep formation, no items, over limit level 1, and no fatal strikes. Do the same for Raven, except do not use any over limit for him. As for special equipment, equip Blue Dice on Raven and the character with "Item Thrower". Equip Rita and Estelle with Risky Rings. Before the battle, have everyone set the "Minimum Damage" skill. Also make sure you have items to restore TP, such as Orange Gel. Also, make sure the battle difficulty is set to hard or higher for the Grade multiplier. Go just outside of Zaphias and link encounter either the plant or mushroom enemies so you have at least six enemies in battle to keep the over limit above level 1. Turn on the battle strategy, and there you go. It should last roughly twenty minutes and at the end you will receive about 800 Grade, with no work on your part.
The following items can be purchased at the Grade shop in EX New Game mode at the indicated price.
1/2 Experience: 10 Grade; this reduces the experience earned in battle by half.
10x Experience: 3,000 Grade; this multiplies the experience earned in battle by 10.
2x Gald: 600 Grade; this doubles Gald earned in battle.
2x Grade: 3,000 Grade; this doubles the Grade earned in battle.
Artes and Skills for individual characters: 350 Grade each; this keeps all Artes and Weapon skills for each character individually.
Artes: 1,000 Grade; this keeps all learned Artes for all characters.
Battle Techniques: 50 Grade; this reduces the normal amount of experience earned in battle to 1, but multiplies bonus experience earned from large combos by 5.
Collector's Book: 10 Grade; this keeps all Collector's Book data.
Cooking Skill: 50 Grade; this keeps the Cooking skill levels for all characters.
Craft Skill: 10 Grade; this keeps Synthesis skill level.
Decrease Max HP: 10 Grade; this has all characters start with 20% less max HP than usual.
Double Experience: 1,000 Grade; this doubles the experience earned in battle.
Enemy Book: 10 Grade; this keeps all Enemy Book data.
Gald: 1,000 Grade; this keeps all of the Gald you earned.
Increase Item Drop Rate: 1,000 Grade; this doubles the chance of finding items after battle.
Increase Max HP: 500 Grade; this has all characters start with 20% more max HP than usual.
Increase Max TP: 10 Grade; this has all characters start with 20% less max TP than usual.
Increase Max TP: 500 Grade; this has all characters start with 20% more max TP than usual.
Increase Over Limit: 1,000 Grade; this has the Overlimit gauge fill faster and enemies use Overlimit more often.
Items: 500 Grade; this keeps all non-story related items and equipment.
Max 99 Items: 400 Grade; this increases the item limit to 99.
Recipes: 10 Grade; this keeps all recipes you learned.
Records: 10 Grade; this keeps all data from the Record menu.
Skill SP 1: 3,000 Grade; this lowers the SP needed to equip a weapon skill to 1. This works for all characters and all weapon skills.
Skills: 1,000 Grade; this keeps all mastered weapon skills for all characters.
Titles: 500 Grade; this keeps all of the titles you got for every character.
Unlock All Skits: 1,000 Grade; this allows you to view all skits, even ones you have not seen yet, at the Skit Viewer at Nam Cobanda Isle.
Unlock Battle Rank: 50 Grade; this unlocks Unknown difficulty mode.
World Map: 300 Grade; this keeps the world map data.
1. Rest at the King of Adventure lodge to the north of Zaphias, after you leave for the first time.
2. After leaving Capua Torim for the first time, sleep again in the lodge, located in the NW corner of the town
3. After completing the ghost ship, travel back on the Central Peyoccia plains by foot. Find the encampment in the elevated land northwest of Halure. Spend a night there to trigger an event with Rich regarding the Giganto Monsters. From here on, every time you defeat a Giganto Monster, hell give a corresponding key item. You need to trigger this event BEFORE killing any Giganto Monster (First one is the Hermit Drill)
4. After killing all Giganto Monsters, visit them in same location and talk to Rich several times since hell give you key items for each Giganto Monster you slew and finally, the costume title for Karol.
After freeing Mantaic from the Tyrant Cumore, head to the back of the inn to find a small kid with a cow costume. He'll trade some items with you. Come back after every major event in the story line to check what he has to offer.
After entering Sands of Kogorh for the first time.
After doing the side-event to get Judith's new arte, sleep at the inn again for a scene between Yuri and Estelle. After the conversation, you'll receive a key item called Mother's Memento.
When you gain access to Nam Cobanda Island, play thou the play sub-event. Yuri, Rita, Estellise, and Karol will gain a costume title. To start the sub-event, walk to the stage in the gymnasium and talk to he man standing there. Then, just watch the funny scene and gain the titles at the end.
You must have access to the town of Arniun before you can do this trick. Start at Nam Cobanda Island by talking to the Kowz behind the desk with all the tables around it to trigger a scene. Rita will want to take a test to get the Doctoral Degree. The only way to take the test is for her to find five books:
At Halure in the Mayor's House. Look at the book shelf.
At Capua Torim in Fortune's Market HQ. Look at the bookshelf.
At Heliord in the Investigation Room. Look on the left side of the room.
At Mantanic in the Inn. Look at the bookshelf.
At Aurnin in Aurniun's HQ. Look at Flynn's dresser.
Once you have all the books, go back to the Kowz and take the test. You will be quizzed on past Tales series of games. It does not matter if you pass or fail. You still get the title ether way.
Near the end of the game, there's a chance to synthesis an armor called "Aer Fragment", at the same time, there should be 2 synthesizable armors for Yuri and Karol called "Mumbane" and "Mumbane Aer". Well, "Mumbane Aer" is an armor slightly better than "Mumbane" which needed 1 "Aer Fragment" (Repede's armor) and 1 "Mumbane" itself to synthesis it. Here comes the glitch, synthesis 1 "Aer Fragment", have Repede wearing it, then synthesis a "Mumbane" into the inventory. Now go to synthesis a "Mumbane Aer", a pop-up message will show up to tell that armor that Repede's wearing will be turn into raw material, just proceed, guess what? Repede just got an new armor which can only (suppose) wear by Yuri and Karol.
Judith: Glamorous Maid.
Rita: Kitty Cat Waitress.
Estelle: Gracious Waitress.
Karol: Lunch Lady.
In the Sands Of Korgoth immediately after Mantiac, stock up on Holy Bottles and Dark Bottles. Make your way to the Oasis save point. This save point is particular, as you will automatically heal all health and TP with it. From there, go north and run around with the Holy Bottle until night falls. Once it does, turn on the Dark Bottles. This will draw out all the monsters. The ones to look for are the little starfish-like monsters (fairly easy to spot). They run very fast towards you. Engage in battle with them. You will receive 800 experience points for each one defeated. You can easily catch between six to eight of them per night. Nights last for about three minutes, resulting in about 4,800 to 6,400 experience points every time night falls. This is an easy way to level up quickly early in the game.
Complete the following achievements to unlock Xbox Live Gamerscore points.
|Achievement||How to unlock
- Ahhh, Memories ( 30 points )
- You have cleared the Labyrinth of Memories. Did you enjoy the surprise?
- Big Game Greenhorn ( 20 points )
- Giganto Monsters are... special. Big. Strong. Nasty. Have fun.
- Big Game Hunter ( 50 points )
- You slew all Giganto Monsters. Nothing can stand before you. Careful, though. It's a big world...
- Bunny Guild Member ( 10 points )
- Somehow, somewhere, you became an official member of the Bunny Guild. Who needs Brave Vesperia?
- Defeated the Adephagos ( 200 points )
- You defeated the Adephagos with Duke. A new world begins. A world without Blastia.
- Ended Alexei's Ambitions ( 150 points )
- You put an end to Alexei's ambitions. However, the Adephagos remains. The battle continues...
- You used Synthesis to create new equipment and items.
- First Strike ( 20 points )
- Took out your enemy in a single shot. Master this technique to gain advantage in battles.
- Low Level Challenger ( 10 points )
- You defeated Barbos at level 15 or under. Amazing! You sure know how to take this guy down.
- Recovered the Aque Blastia ( 100 points )
- You took back the aque blastia core from Barbos. This should fix the lower quarter's fountain.
- Smarty-pants ( 10 points )
- Hey! You answered every quiz question right! You are a true Tales fan. Thank you.
- Whoa! Easy! Could you be any faster?! Relax. Take your time. There's much more to discover...
- Secret Mission 1 ( 5 points )
- Defeated Zagi while protecting Estellise from Zagi's attacks.
- Secret Mission 2 ( 5 points )
- Downed Goliath by attacking its Achilles' heel while it charged X Buster.
- Secret Mission 3 ( 5 points )
- Learning from Karol's experience, you used the Billybally plants to stun Gattuso.
- Secret Mission 4 ( 5 points )
- Lured Zagi to the side of the ship and knocked him overboard to cool him off.
- Secret Mission 5 ( 5 points )
- Downed the Dreaded Giant when it reared back and left itself wide open.
- Secret Mission 6 ( 5 points )
- Raven used Serpent to set a trap for the Gigalarva and prevented it from healing itself.
- Secret Mission 7 ( 5 points )
- Against Barbos, you took out the bridge supports, keeping him from calling out more of his thugs.
- Secret Mission 8 ( 5 points )
- In the third battle against Zagi, let him absorb too much magic, destroying his Bohdi Blastia.
- Secret Mission 9 ( 5 points )
- You defeated the Leader Bat and prevented Pteropus from recombining.
- Secret Mission 10 ( 5 points )
- Against Outbreaker, you destroyed the core and prevented magic from inverting day and night.
- Secret Mission 11 ( 5 points )
- Against Belius, you lit up all candlesticks and eliminated the illusions.
- Secret Mission 12 ( 5 points )
- Against Nan and Tison, time your strikes between their attacks and knock them down.
- Secret Mission 13 ( 5 points )
- Against Schwann, downed him by attacking when he was clutching his heart after his mystic arte.
- Secret Mission 14 ( 5 points )
- During the fourth battle against Zagi, used Karol's Nice Recovery Smash arte to force him to recover from poison.
- Secret Mission 15 ( 5 points )
- Against Baitojoh, hit it 3 times during its Ice Edge attack and fished it out of the water.
- Secret Mission 16 ( 5 points )
- Against Estellise, used the item, Mother's Memento.
- Secret Mission 17 ( 5 points )
- Against Yeager, made his heart explode using Raven's Rain arte.
- Secret Mission 18 ( 5 points )
- Against Alexei, downed him by attacking when he was tired after his mystic arte.
- Secret Mission 19 ( 5 points )
- Against Gusios, attacked his tail, then downed him with a close attack while his feet were raised.
- Secret Mission 20 ( 5 points )
- Against Khroma, downed her by timing your strikes between certain of her attacks.
- Secret Mission 21 ( 5 points )
- Against Flynn, he used every arte he could, including a mystic arte.
- Secret Mission 22 ( 5 points )
- On the fifth battle against Zagi, downed him by attacking after he becomes exhausted from Blastia Bane.
- Secret Mission 23 ( 5 points )
- Defeated Duke using a mystic arte.
In Heliord, head to the inn and take to the merchant. He'll give the costume Judith used when she seduced the guards to gain access to the elevator. She'll receive the costume title. The merchant will also ask to bring some materials. Bring the required materials to him to create new costumes for Karol and Estelle.
There is a weapon for Rita called a "Sword Whip" that resembles Ivy's Sword Whip from Soul Calibur 4, another Namco Bandai game.
There is an attachment for Estelle that you can synthesize near the end of the game called Mint's Cap. Mint is one of the main characters from Tales Of Phantasia, the first Tales game.
Look at the back of a billboard when you first enter Nordopolica. It names all the main characters from Tales Of The Abyss.
Just beat the game! Once you do, you can choose for the song before the Title Screen to be in English or Japanese. - Sent by [BloodRunsCold
Once you completed the game for the first time, the following secrets will be available after you saved your game clear data which the save file will have a star in it.
|Unlockable||How to Unlock
- After creating a game clear data, the "EX New Game" selection will now be accessible where a game clear data is required to get this to work.
- Once you loaded your game clear data in "EX New Game", the Grade Shop will be available each time you start a new game in this mode.
- This area will be available after you load your game clear data. You'll find it on the northwest end of the world map.
- In the Grade Shop, purchase "Battle Rank" for 50 Grade points.
You are able to put your Question about Tales of Vesperia online. Other CheatingDomers can see your Question after it has been posted and are able to Answer it.
Stuck in the game? ASK for Help
at our Forum