When you encounter a familiar that you'd like to capture or fight, sometimes it will run away before you have a chance to engage it. There's a trick that you can use in your favor, though. Quickly open your spells menu and close it again. That will cause the familiar to change its course and possibly run directly toward you. Now you have time to catch up to the familiar before it can escape.
Clear the Hamelin area in the game, then return to the Temple of Trials. A group of NPCs will have gathered. Talk to the white furry one, who is named "My Neighbor Tomtoro," a reference to the Studio Ghibli film, "My Neighbor Totoro."
Here is an exploit using the game's text display speed. By setting the text speed to slow, you can have Oliver cast an innocuous spell like "Seek Fortune" (on the overworld) or any of the interior spells ("Levitate", "Chart Chests", etc.) and while the text message is being typed in the message box, enemies will be frozen in place. This allows Oliver to catch (or avoid) enemies easily, since you can move Oliver while the text is being printed.
Note that the "Veil" spell (from Horace's Riddles sidequest) will allow you to sneak up on enemies with 100% success ... but only if you've purchased the "Jack in the Box" merit award .
Visit the Temple of Trials after completing Hamelin's main quest and talk to The Pig Iron Duke (the one dressed up like a Hamelin guard). He will say "You shall not pass!"
|Trophy||How to unlock
- A Tonic for the Djinn (Bronze)
- Awarded for defeating the Dark Djinn.
- Awarded for obtaining the Sea Cow.
- Awarded for completing 40 different bounty hunts.
- Awarded for running 15 different errands.
- Council Trouncer (Silver)
- Awarded for freeing the other world from the clutches of the Zodiarchy.
- Awarded for defeating the Guardian of the Woods and bringing him back to his senses.
- Awarded for taming 20 different species.
- Awarded for taming 250 different species.
- Fly the Friendlier Skies (Bronze)
- Awarded for befriending Tengri.
- Awarded for gathering 2,000 glims.
- Awarded for setting foot in all secluded regions.
- Guildering the Lily (Silver)
- Awarded for amassing a fortune of half a million guilders.
- Awarded for learning all of Swaine's trickshots.
- Awarded for collecting all of the tickets for the Mem-O-Vision by winning big at the casino.
- Humanitarian of the Year (Silver)
- Awarded for running 60 different errands.
- Awarded for defeating the Guardian of Worlds.
- Little Battler Experience (Silver)
- Awarded for winning 1,000 battles.
- Awarded for alchemizing 120 different items.
- Awarded for learning all of Oliver's spells.
- Awarded for successfully stealing 50 times.
- New Sheriff in Town (Bronze)
- Awarded for completing 10 different bounty hunts.
- Out of this World (Bronze)
- Awarded for casting Gateway and traveling to another world.
- Awarded for maximizing a familiar's familiarity.
- Pedigree Breeder (Bronze)
- Awarded for training a familiar to its full potential.
- Pop Pop Fizz Fizz (Bronze)
- Awarded for alchemizing 10 different items.
- Awarded for learning all of Esther's songs.
- Raising the Stakes (Bronze)
- Awarded for collecting your first prize at the casino.
- Solosseum Slugger (Bronze)
- Awarded for winning your first bout in the Solosseum Series.
- Awarded for becoming the champion of the Solosseum Series.
- Awarded for collecting all the merit awards.
- Awarded for finding all hidden treasure chests.
- Viva the Evolution! (Bronze)
- Awarded for managing 10 metamorphoses.
- Awarded for becoming a master magician. Congratulations! You truly are a whiz at wizardry!
- Awarded for restoring the legendary wand Mornstar to its former glory.